• Home
  • Stuff



This is the 1922 110th Cavalry coat of arms


It was used by the Guard and Harvard used C troop as another polo team to compete in its league.


When called up Harvard ROTC was merged into it for World War II and the unit was converted to 180th Artillery Regiment.


It was split in two, and the 2nd Battalion kept this coat and was called 180th Field Artillery Battalion and was an element of Yankee Division in Europe.


The National Lancers still use this coat of arms today.





This is the 1st Battalion briefly renamed 200th Field Artillery battalion but renamed 221st Field Artillery Battalion.


It went to the Pacific as an element of the Americal Division.


The coat on the flag used the red stripe around it but the unit never was authorized the distinctive unit insignia pin to wear on the uniform.


Sometimes the wreath was depicted closed and other times not.





In the 1600s the Sheriff of Middlesex County was brought in to do Commencement at Harvard College to prevent drunken brawling.


In 1836 Governor Edward Everett, himself a former President of Harvard College, formed the National Lancers to protect him from Beacon Hill to Commencement from rowdy immigrants.


The 110th Cavalry performed this function until the 1922 split with the militia and the Veterans Association did it until 1963.


The National Lancers then became Special Middlesex County Deputy Sheriffs.





The Revere-Dawes Rides re enactment was started around 1905 by the what became the 110th Cavalry alternating between troops.


In 1922 the National Guard split with the milita and the Veterans Association became the Governor's Horse Guards and took the official name of the National Lancers and took over the re enactment rides.





The Regiment then started the 110th Cavalry Horse Show.


Jackie Kennedy and her mother used to compete in it.


They stopped doing it around World War II.





In January, 1965 LBJ uses the original 110th Cavalry coat of arms motto as the frame work for his speech.


Union, Liberty and the Laws is Union, Liberty and Justice to form a 110.


You have to teach like a sponsor does in 12 steps knowing the person may not get it at first but will later on.





1959 the 2nd Recon Battalion of the 110th Armor was formed.


In 1962 it was renamed the 1-26th Cavalry.


In 1966 it was assigned this coat of arms.


In 1988 it was combined with 1-110th Armor and called 1-110th Cavalry again.


In 1996 The Institute of Heraldry assigned the original 110th Cavalry lineage and streamers to the flag.





The regiment combined in 1930 with the 122 Cavalry out of Connecticut and Rhode Island the home diocese of the Knights of Columbus.


After LBJ used his Inauguration Speech with the 110 coat they issued two new ones.


The 110th Armor on the right the Chaplain was the Priest for Bunker Hill Council 62 that JFK was a member of when killed.


The Yankee Eyes uses the Douay-Rheims for the motto with Latin Vulgate Psalms for 122 hence Eyes is used 4 times.


You use the King James Version for the 110th Armor with Above Equal.


You learn how to spot it when they use it in film and writing.





You learn how to spot it when they use it in film and writing.


1975 the Boston Globe catches the Metropolitan District Commission forming a 110 breaking up a minor race riot and put is it on the front page.





1984 the Association was formed at Gagetown in Canada as joint group for the Massachusetts Cav and the Royal Canadian Dragoons by both Sergeants Major.


In 1989 it was renamed 1-110 from 1-26.






2022 Father Micheal Ferraro dies at age 82.





Several years ago Troy the Nashua Fire Fighter and union steward took it over.


My buddy Tom who went to DS and Mass Bay is in it at times also.



They have a cookout in New Hampshire and a reunion in Maine once a year and sometimes they all get together for a field trip type thing and then go drinking in Massachusetts.


I do not drink anymore.




Yankee Tirade